This is the second part of our 3 part business journey series. If you missed last week’s episode, go back to 395: Our Merrymaker Business Journey Part 1.
Also! The waitlist for the MerryBody Teacher Training Program is now open. It’s a 16 week course that will welcome personal growth, self-love and total mind-body transformation. Our second cohort will start in March 2024. If you have an inkling that this is maybe for you, we encourage you to join the waitlist so you are first to know about when our early bird opens.
This is what we spoke about during the episode
- Business relationships are super important, some will be amazing and integral for business growth!
- Going to conferences and networking events was a big positive, but not too many because they can get overwhelming.
- We said no to a book deal and self-published our very first hard copy cookbook. The self-publishing was a nightmare but we got through it. Listen to Episode 55: How Merrymaker Sisters Self-Published and Launched 2 Hard Copy Books
- We built a recipe app that went #1 in the App Store.
- We created the Merry Biz Hustle 4-week Challenge and had 49 sign-ups.
- We created the Merrymaker Club membership but ended up refunding people, and then publishing our second hard copy recipe book.
- We were featured in SBS Insight which became a very traumatic experience. But it led us to where we are today.
- In 2016, we moved to the Gold Coast. A year later, Carla signed up to the yoga teacher training and Emma signed up to the Pilates teacher training. We re-found our bliss and this changed everything!
- We got invited to teach in the studio and we created our own MerryBody 4-week program.
We’ll see you next week for Part 3!
Check out all the Get Merry Podcast episodes on iTunes and Overcast and Stitcher for Androids. Plus we are on Spotify over HERE! If you loved this episode, if you love this podcast, we would appreciate you leaving us a review on whatever podcast app you’re listening to.
Emma + Carla