This blueberry and apple crumble recipe might just be the easiest dessert recipe ever. Really, you can’t go past a crumble recipe. They’re so easy, presentation is meant to be messy (well we say it is haha) and you can swap ingredients over to whatever you might have or what’s in season.
When we make crumbles we like to make massive ones because leftover blueberry and apple crumble for breakfast is the best. But it’s also the perfect dessert for entertaining when you’re not really a dessert kinda person (as in making it). You all know Carla is the baker between the two of us. She LOVES baking cakes, like this Nutella cake or this Torta Caprese (actually this cake is ideal for non-bakers as it only has 5 ingredients easy peasy! It’s our go-to!) but this crumble recipe is as easy as chop, mix and bake!
If you do make the recipe let us know! We’d love to see a pic!
Emma + Carla
ps. we begin our next 21 Day Yoga and Pilates Challenge on the 10 August (we run these every 2 months inside MerryBody Online Studio). If you’re looking for motivation and accountability to actually exercise every day, this is for you. If you’re over the toxicity of the fitness industry, this is for you. If you’re ready to make a daily change that leads to huge positive change in your life, this is for you. All you need to do to be part of it is sign up and become a MerryBody Member! You can do this right here!
If you want to try out a Pilates class before you sign up, head on over to our YouTube Channel and check out some free classes. Here’s one of our faves, Lower Ab Burn, it’s just 8 minutes!
Blueberry and apple crumble
STUFF YOU NEED
- 3 apples sliced
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1 1/2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup almonds chopped
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 50 g (2 oz.) butter melted
- 1/4 cup honey or rice malt syrup
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°C).
- Slice the apples and line them up in a large baking dish.
- Place the blueberries on top of the apples. Set aside for now.
- In a large mixing bowl add the coconut, almond meal, chopped almonds, cinnamon and mix well.
- Add the melted butter and honey to the dry ingredients and mix well. Taste test, yum!
- Spoon the crumble mix evenly over the apple and blueberries, place into the oven for about 40 minutes. Enjoy!