It makes a delicious and healthy sweet snack and the best easy breakfast. Slice up your gluten-free hazelnut and blueberry bread and have delicious brekky for the working week. Serve with fresh fruit and yoghurt… mmm the stuff of brekky dreams right there!
This is an old recipe from our Get Merry recipe book. In the book, we called it blueberry and yoghurt bread. Now the thing is… we simply served it with yoghurt and then we chose a photo without yoghurt. Really, the name was 100% confusing and this is why we’ve changed it (haha).
We like to remind you that this recipe is not like your regular fruit loaf. It won’t rise and it is definitely dense. But… it’s still yum and only filled with good stuff!
If you make the recipe let us know, send us a pic on Instagram! We love seeing them!
Emma + Carla
Ps. we’re also Yoga and Pilates teachers and you can try a free week of our online classes. SIGN UP HERE!
Whether your goal is to increase your flexibility, cultivate your positive mindset or tone your body, MerryBody shows you the path to feeling amazing and at home in your body.
Get unlimited, on-demand access to online Yoga, Pilates and Meditation sessions.
STUFF YOU NEED
FOR THE BREAD
- 3 eggs whisked
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup hazelnuts chopped
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil or butter melted
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. 100% vanilla extract
- pinch salt
FOR THE TOPPINGS
- 1 banana sliced
- 1⁄2 cup natural or coconut yoghurt
- maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a 20 x 10 cm (8 x 4 inch) loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl combine the almond meal, hazelnuts, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the coconut oil, eggs and maple syrup. Mix until well combined.
- Finally, add the blueberries and slowly stir until just mixed through.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared tin and place into the oven for 40 minutes or until it springs back when you lightly touch the top.
- Allow to cool in the tin before turning out and slicing.
- Serve delicious slices of blueberry bread with yoghurt, banana and syrup! Drool!