Whether you’re vegetarian or not this broccoli, spinach, pumpkin and quinoa casserole is a super easy and delicious healthy dinner option.
We love it topped with cheese, however, if you don’t like it or if you’re vegan simply skip.
If you make the broccoli, spinach, pumpkin and quinoa casserole recipe be sure to share it with us! We’d love to see a pic on Instagram.
This recipe is on the Get Merry recipe app. When you download the app you’ll get 500+ of our BEST healthy recipes in one handy spot on you phone or tablet. YAY.
Also! Did you know we are Yoga and Pilates instructors and we have an Online Studio!?
We could tell you about it, but take a read of what Missy thought about MerryBody Yoga, Pilates and Meditation Online Studio…
MerryBody is the first and only exercise routine that I have been motivated to continue with. But MB is so much more than an exercise routine.
It is a lifestyle change. It is a mindset change.
I’ve bought myself a bikini that I may actually wear in public for the first time since I was a teenager but I have no idea whether I’ve lost any weight as I haven’t stepped on my scales in months… this is because through the MerryBody experience I have discovered that the number on the scales is irrelevant.
It’s not about how much I weigh or how I look but about how I FEEL and I feel stronger, happier, calmer, more motivated, more peaceful and more content in my body than I have ever felt.
If you’d like to try MerryBody at no cost, experience it all for 7 Days… you can! Simply sign up HERE.
Somewhere, somehow and for some reason, the common idea of being “healthy” puts practically zero emphasis on loving and being kind to yourself… and it’s time to change that. Let MerryBody show you how.
Broccoli, spinach, pumpkin and quinoa casserole
STUFF YOU NEED
- 500 g (1 lbs.) pumpkin peeled and chopped
- 200 g (7 oz.) baby spinach
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 head broccoli cut into florets
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup grated cheese (optional)
- 2 tbs. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. paprika
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350 °F).
- Rinse the quinoa with cold water until the water runs clear.
- Place the rinsed quinoa into a saucepan along with the water.
- Bring to the boil, then cover and lower the heat to simmer for 15 minutes. The water will absorb.
- Meanwhile, add all the vegetables (apart from baby spinach) to a large casserole dish, drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper and stir.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, add to the casserole dish. Stir again.
- Place the casserole dish into the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and add baby spinach.
- Stir the veggies and quinoa, top with cheese, sprinkle with paprika and place back into the oven for 20 minutes.