We love an easy weekday dinner recipe and this chopped Mexican salad falls directly into that category.
Super easy to prepare and super easy to cook! You’ll have your healthy dinner cooked and ready in less than half an hour. It’s also gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free and low carb.
The herb and spice combination in this easy salad is everything.
Paprika, cumin, dried thyme and fresh coriander. Add a squeeze of fresh lime juice and you have the most perfect fresh and zesty salad perfect for Spring and Summer nights.
Oh and if you have time and feel like going the extra mile why not make these paleo burrito wraps to go with this salad.
If you make this chopped Mexican salad let us know! Share a pic with us on Instagram @themerrymakersisters.
Emma + Carla
- 500 g (1 lb.) chicken breast cubed
- 1 tbs. macadamia oil
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 baby cos lettuce shredded
- 1 avocado chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 cucumber chopped
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1 lime quartered
- 2 tbs. fresh coriander (cilantro) chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Start with the chicken.
- In a large bowl add all the spices/herbs and mix, add the oil and mix again.
- Add the chicken to the bowl and coat it super well.
- Place onto the baking tray and bake for 15 minutes, check and bake for another couple minutes until cooked through.
- To make the salad add everything to a bowl and toss carefully!
- To serve, place the salad on plates and top with pieces of chicken. Finish it all off with a squeeze of lime juice.
- Make this the day before and serve it as a cold meat salad because yum and #prepped!