This coconut crunch cereal is officially the most delish brekky. It’s especially good if you’re just transitioning to a grain free or a paleo diet. Yes, we know how much you’re missing cereal right now. Are we right or are we right?
Yeh, we know… we are so right.
This epic recipe was one of the delish breakfast recipes included in our Get Merry 21 Day Challenge. We just had to share it with you all!
We also wanted to let you all know that the wait list is officially open for the next Get Merry Challenge. You can sign up HERE and be the first to know about the special early bird rate.
The challenge is all about bringing the fun and yum back into your kitchen. We’re going to help you get excited about living a healthy lifestyle. It’s time to #GetMerry! This is what a few of our #GetMerry Challengers said…
“I lost 6 kgs in 3 weeks!” Toni
“I’m eating food I never thought I liked, lost a little weight and finally enjoy cooking.” Lynda
Ok back to the epicness of this coconut crunch cereal. Ahhh. It’s all kinds of yum and if you’re sick of eggs, nut granola and smoothies, then this is the breakfast for you. Also, it’s super easy to make. It’s a #winning recipe.
It looks kinda pretty too and if you add icy cold almond milk or coconut milk, a couple strawberries, you have a breakfast to get excited about. You’ll definitely go to bed looking forward to this brekky.
If you make it let us know! We’d love to see your pics on social media. Share it and use #GetMerry so we don’t miss it!
Emma + Carla
Ps. don’t forget to sign up to the #GetMerry Challenge waitlist so you don’t miss out on the early bird special. Find out more here!
- 1 egg
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tbs. rice malt syrup or honey
- 1 tbs. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup coconut milk (carton)
- Preheat oven to 180 °C (350°F).
- In a blender or food processor place the coconut, sunflower seeds, cinnamon and salt. Whiz until a fine meal forms.
- Add the sweetener, coconut oil and egg, whiz for 1 minute or until thick, smooth and combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a sheet of baking paper, place another on top and roll out to about ¼ cm (⅛ inch).
- Carefully and slowly, peel off the top layer of baking paper and transfer the bottom layer onto a baking tray.
- Score the mixture into squares (or any shape) and place into the oven for 10 minutes or until brown! Keep an eye on it, as they can burn easily!
- Take out of the oven and allow to cool, then break into pieces.
- Serve with coconut milk and fresh strawberries.
- We LOVE this cereal as a snack as well!