These creamy chicken avocado zoodles are one of our ALL TIME favourite healthy dinner recipes. With the combination of chicken, avocado and bacon, you simply can not go wrong!
This recipe is so easy to whip up, it’s only filled with good stuff, it’s packed with veggies PLUS it’s low carb if you’re into that.
Oh wait… the best bit, it tastes bloody good!
If you’re not a fan of bacon, skip it!
If you want to make it vegetarian, swap the chicken to roast pumpkin (OMG drool town).
If you make these epically delish creamy chicken avocado zoodles let us know! Share a pic with us on your Instagram stories!
Emma + Carla
- 500 g (1 lb.) chicken breast cubed
- 200 g (7 oz.) button mushrooms sliced
- 100 g (3 ½ oz.) cherry tomatoes halved
- 100 g (3 ½ oz.) baby spinach
- 4 zucchinis spiralised or peeled lengthways
- 2 rashers (slices) bacon diced
- 1 avocado
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 onion diced
- 2 tbs. macadamia nuts or grated cheese
- coconut oil
- salt and pepper
- Prepare the zoodles, peel zucchinis lengthways or use a spiraliser. Leave for now.
- In a blender or food processor, add the avocado, garlic, lemon juice, spinach and season with salt and pepper, whiz until nice and smooth. Set aside.
- In a large frypan, heat a little coconut oil and fry the onion and bacon for about 2 minutes or until soft, add the chicken and fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and mushrooms to the pan and continue to stir.
- Stir through the avocado sauce.
- Finally add the zoodles and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- AHHH! Yum! Grate macadamia nuts on top or add a sprinkle of cheese.
- Add your favourite fresh herb for extra taste sensation. We like coriander and dill!