In memory of the men and women who fought and lost their lives during wartime. We know, this is not the traditional recipe, however, it’s a great option for people with allergies.
Last week we visited our favourite cafe (Paleo Perfection Espresso Bar) in Canberra for paleo mochas! Yum! The lovely owner, Misty gave us some of her paleo ANZAC biscuits to try and my oh my were they delish! There was no way we wanted to compete with their deliciousness so we asked for her recipe (lucky you guys!). So here is Misty’s Easy Paleo ANZAC Biscuit Recipe! These would go perfect with a glass of choccie almond milk! Yum!
e + c
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup unsweetened desiccated/shredded coconut
- 1 cup walnuts chopped finely (the original recipe uses almonds)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. water
- Preheat oven to 120 degrees celsius and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl place the almond meal, coconut and walnuts and mix together.
- In a small sauce pan (or you can use your microwave) melt the coconut oil and honey together.
- Take the sauce pan off the heat and add the baking powder and water, stir together until it foams and turns a white-ish colour.
- Transfer this in to the dry ingredients and mix well until combined.
- Take tablespoon-fulls of mixture, firmly roll in to balls, place on to the baking tray and flatten.
- Place the tray in to the oven and bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool and harden, then enjoy with a nice cup of tea!
- Store in an airtight container for around 5 days.
- Make sure the nuts are chopped finely otherwise you won't be able to roll them into balls! If your mix is too crumbly don't be sad! Simply turn it into a slice or make delish granola or ANZAC trail mix!