We love jazzing up our salads with simple added extras! This is our Easy Paleo Fried Pumpkin Salad! Trust us when we say it is super delish but seriously, this is such an easy throw together side or meal. What makes it fancy and extra yum is the fried pumpkin and zucchini! Once you fry it up, all you have to do is grab your salad base with your favourite greens and tomatoes, add sliced avo and sprinkle with almonds and sesame seeds! Easy peasy lemon squeezey!
Emma + Carla
- 250g fresh mixed lettuce leaves
- 250g baby tomatoes halved
- 3 small cucumbers chopped
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 300g pumpkin, peeled and chopped
- 3 tbs. sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1 tbs. coconut oil
- In a fry pan on high heat, melt the coconut oil. Place the chopped pumpkin and fry until soft and brown.
- Add the zucchini to the fry pan and continue to cook until this softens. Leave this for now.
- In a bowl mix the lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber.
- Add your favourite dressing, we like to use our orange and ginger dressing.
- Top with sliced avocado, fried pumpkin and zucchini.
- Sprinkle the almonds and sesame seeds on top of the salad.