A few years ago we got the paleo ANZAC biscuit recipe right. It’s all kinds of yum and an easy peasy recipe. So this year we wanted to try something a little different. A refined sugar free, grain free, gluten free ANZAC granola recipe.
And woah, is it delish!
ANZAC Day bikkies were sent to the Aussie and New Zealand soldiers during World War One by wives and mothers. Usually made with rolled oats, flour, desiccated coconut, sugar, butter, golden syrup, baking soda and boiling water. They were biscuits that didn’t spoil easy, so perfect for the long boat ride over.
It’s the perfect recipe to bake on the weekend then you’ll be organised with delish breakfast all week!
It’s one of those one bowl kinda recipes. Our favourites!
We not only love this ANZAC Granola because it’s so easy to make and delicious but it’s a great reminder for us all. A reminder to be grateful. A reminder to spread peace and good vibes. A reminder of an Aussie tradition (well the biscuits are, but this granola still kind of counts!).
Emma + Carla
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup almonds chopped
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or butter melted
- 3 tbs. rice malt syrup or honey
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl place the almond meal, coconut and almonds and mix well.
- Pour the melted coconut oil and rice malt syrup into the bowl and mix well until combined.
- Spoon the granola mix onto the prepared tray in a thin layer, place into the oven for 10 minutes, stir and cook for a further 5 minutes or until golden.
- Enjoy hot granola with icy cold coconut milk right away or allow to cool and place in a container for the week!
- Top your granola with raspberries for extra delish-ness!