Hands up if you make the same breakfast over and over and over and over? We get it. It’s all about the convenience factor, the routine, the no-thinking just doing kinda thing. Well, we think you should have a little break from the usual and try this epic healthy gluten free blackberry and vanilla porridge recipe.
This recipe wins at life and will also help YOU win at life because…
- it’s sahhhh pretty. Purple porridge magic!
- it’s exciting! Ok, we love plain and easy BUT we also love adding a few extra ingredients to give it the epic factor. All it takes is a handful of frozen berries and a dollop of nut butter.
- it’s an easy recipe and you can make a big batch for the working week. Double it and boom brekky for days!
- it’s different. If you’ve never tried gluten free porridge made with activated buckwheat, your taste buds will be surprised and delighted!
- it’s mega filling and you’ll be super satisfied.
- blackberries are so high in antioxidants (more than blueberries!) and vitamin C.
- buckwheat is a high quality, super easy to digest protein.
- it’s yum as.
Another reason to love LOVE this gluten free blackberry and vanilla porridge is because it’s one of the delish recipes from our 14 Day Get Merry Challenge! Say what, you haven’t heard of the challenge? Where have you been?!
Well, here’s the low down on the Get Merry Challenge, in dot point…
- it’s NOT about restricting yourself and missing out on the yum and fun food. It’s about adding more GOOD to your plate and to your life.
- it’s designed to get rid of the stress.
- get ready for kick-up-butt inspiration, meal plans, recipes and shopping lists, expert knowledge, advice and the most epic community.
- get new recipes, weekly shopping lists and prep tips to get you super organised and on track.
- fast track your health and wellbeing knowledge with access to world-class experts. There will be 8 live masterclasses with some of our most fave people. We are super pumped about this!
- you get direct access to us. Hehe… and we are fun. YAY let’s be friends!
AND SOOOOO much more. GET ALL THE INFO HERE! Woo-freaking-hoo. Seriously, you don’t wanna miss this!
If you love this recipe, let us know! Send us a pic, write a comment or share it across the social medias. Always makes us smile HUGE!
Emma + Carla
P.s don’t forget to check out the 14 Day Get Merry Challenge! Over 200 people have already joined, don’t miss out! Get all the info HERE.
- 1 cup blackberries (fresh or frozen)
- ¾ cups coconut milk (carton)
- ½ cup buckwheat groats
- ½ cup water
- 2 tsp. honey or rice malt syrup (extra if you like it sweeter)
- 1 tsp. 100% vanilla
- Extra blackberries
- Nut butter
- A drizzle of honey or syrup
- In a saucepan on medium heat add the buckwheat and water, allow to absorb. It should take about 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, blackberries, honey, vanilla and cook and stir until the buckwheat becomes nice and soft. It should take around 15-20 minutes. Be sure not to boil.
- Transfer into cute bowls and top with toppings!
- Super easy... SUPER yum!
- If it’s warm wherever you are in the world… make this delish porridge the night before and leave in the fridge until morning. Or do that to be mega prepared in the morning and simply reheat. Boom, yah, magic.