Move over green smoothie and welcome Gluten and Grain Free Green Bread! This bread is fun and yum. A great way to get extra greens into your life and your kids might even approve.
This green bread topped with avocado and sauerkraut is really really yummy! With salt and pepper and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice you have one delicious brekky, lunch or dinny!
It’s also perfect with poached eggs and crispy bacon. Yes, it is pretty much egg on egg action. But if you love eggs as much as us, you’ll definitely be ok with this!
Try it out and let us know what you think! Share a picture with us on Instagram or Facebook #themerrymakersisters #makelifemerry.
Yum! Gluten and Grain Free Green Bread!
Emma + Carla
ps. if you love the look of this recipe you’ll also love these crunchy seedy bread rolls and this paleo pumpkin bread recipe.
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup butter melted (or coconut oil)
- ½ cup sesame seeds and 1 tbs. extra
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tbs. onion flakes
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a 20cm x 10cm loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a food processor or blender mix the eggs and butter on high speed, until smooth (about 2 minutes).
- Add the spinach, sesame seeds, chia seeds, coconut flour, onion flakes and salt and pepper.
- Mix again on medium speed until combined.
- Transfer the mixture in to the prepared loaf tin and top with extra sesame seeds.
- Place in to the oven for 40 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes before slicing.
- Change up your greens! You could try kale or rocket.