If you loved our Paleo Creamy Chicken Risotto then you’re going to cray cray for our Grain Free Tomato Chicken Risotto. Ok maybe not cray cray but your taste buds are seriously going to LOVE it!
It’s ridiculously easy and even better the next day for lunch box left overs! #winning
We were going to save this baby for our Merrymaker Club but we couldn’t wait any longer to share it with you! Super healthy, super tasty… we think the whole family is going to approve.
Emma + Carla
p.s want to know more about our Merrymaker Club? It’s an exclusive membership and includes everything you need to create and sustain a healthy, happy lifestyle… all in one place. It’s a whole lotta fun!
Grain Free Tomato Chicken Risotto
stuff you need
- 800g (1 lbs. 7 oz.) chicken thighs cubed
- 1 cauliflower cut in to florets
- 1 red banana chilli sliced (or capsicum)
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 12 button mushrooms sliced
- 1 1/2 cups 100% tomato passata
- 1 cup bone broth (or chicken stock)
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. thyme
- pinch of chilli flakes
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbs. coconut oil/butter for pan
- Fresh coriander
- Smashed avocado
- In a food processor, whiz the cauliflower florets until they resemble rice, or you can grate them. Set aside.
- In a deep saucepan, melt the coconut oil on medium heat.
- Add the onion and chilli, cook until soft.
- Add the chicken and spices, cook for 8 minutes or until the chicken is just cooked through.
- Add the cauliflower, mushrooms, tomato passata and bone broth, stir well.
- Allow to simmer, cover and turn heat down to low.
- Allow to cook for 10-15 minutes or until the cauliflower is just cooked soft.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with fresh coriander and smashed avocado.
- This makes the PERFECT lunch box left overs!
Merrymaker Sisters | MerryBody Online Studio: Unlimited Yoga, Pilates and Meditation https://themerrymakersisters.com/