These breakfast cookies are so good! The perfect healthy breakfast you can prepare on the weekend and enjoy through the week. Talk about organised! This recipe is brought to you by our favourites Supabarn.
They are seriously all kinds of amazing. We love all their initiatives like… their ‘fruglies’. You might guess, it’s ugly fruit and also ugly veggies! They don’t look all that great but they taste great. And at up to half the price, they’re great for local farmers, great for the environment, great for reducing food waste and great for you. So much to love about Supabarn, if you’re from Canberra or Sydney check them out!
OK back to the breakfast cookies!
They’re so easy to make and they taste bloody yum!
We think the whole family will love them, even the kids! We mean… cookies for brekky?! Hell yeh, of course, they will love them!
Like all our recipes (we have over 300 on this website!) this recipe is gluten free, grain free, refined sugar free and the only dairy it includes is butter. And you can most definitely swap the butter to coconut oil.
If you make them, let us know what you think or even better… send us a photo! YUM!
Emma + Carla
- 2 cups blanched almond meal
- 1 1/2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup erythritol or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 honey or rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp. 100% vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tbs. water
- 1 tbs. lemon rind
- raw almonds
- pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 120°C (350°F) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl place the almond meal, coconut, erythritol and mix together.
- In a small saucepan (or you can use your microwave) melt the butter and honey together.
- Take the saucepan off the heat and add the baking powder and water, stir together until it foams and turns a white-ish colour.
- Transfer this in to the dry ingredients and mix well until combined.
- Add the lemon rind and mix again.
- Take large spoon fulls of mixture, firmly roll in to balls, place on to the baking tray and flatten. Carefully press almonds and pumpkin seeds onto the top of each cookies and reform the edges of the cookie with your finger tips.
- Place the tray in to the oven and bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool and harden, then enjoy with a nice cup of tea!
- Store in an airtight container for around 5 days.
- You can top these with anything! Think choc chips... because omg YUM but also any other nut or seed or dried fruit!