These breakfast cookies are so good! The perfect healthy breakfast you can prepare on the weekend and enjoy through the week. Talk about organised! This recipe is brought to you by our favourites Supabarn.
OK back to the breakfast cookies!
They’re so easy to make and they taste bloody yum!
We think the whole family will love them, even the kids! We mean… cookies for brekky?! Hell yeh, of course, they will love them!
Like all our recipes (we have over 500 on this website!) this recipe is gluten free, grain free, refined sugar free and the only dairy it includes is butter. And you can most definitely swap the butter to coconut oil.
Also! We love making these breakfast cookies and enjoying post Pilates or Yoga workout. Ummmm what a perfect combo!
Right now you can try MerryBody, our Yoga, Pilates and Meditation Online Studio FOR FREE! You can test drive it all, at no cost. Experience the MerryBody Yoga Classes, booty burning Pilates classes and blissful Meditations PLUS the amazing, supportive private community group for a whole week!
Simply, sign up HERE and try it all!
Also, ff you make these delish as Healthy Breakfast Cookies, let us know what you think or even better… send us a photo! YUM!
Emma + Carla
- 2 cups blanched almond meal
- 1 1/2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup erythritol or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 honey or rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp. 100% vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tbs. water
- 1 tbs. lemon rind
- raw almonds
- pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 160°C (320°F) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl place the almond meal, coconut, erythritol, cinnamon and mix together.
- In a small saucepan (or you can use your microwave) melt the butter and honey together.
- Take the saucepan off the heat and add the vanilla, baking powder and water, stir together until it foams and turns a white-ish colour.
- Transfer this in to the dry ingredients and mix well until combined.
- Add the lemon rind and mix again.
- Take large spoon fulls of mixture, firmly roll in to balls, place on to the baking tray and flatten. Carefully press almonds and pumpkin seeds onto the top of each cookies and reform the edges of the cookie with your finger tips.
- Place the tray in to the oven and bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool and harden, then enjoy with a nice cup of tea!
- Store in an airtight container for around 5 days.
- You can top these with anything! Think choc chips... because omg YUM but also any other nut or seed or dried fruit!