Oh yeh we did! We made a freaking yum as Healthy Mars Bar Cake that’s raw, vegan and paleo! OMGOSH get excited, this cake is good, it’s real good! We thought you might like it since the De-Snicker-licious cake is so darn popular!
#1 reason why this Raw Healthy Mars Bar Cake is oh so good.
Coz it’s easy!
How many Raw Mars Bar recipes have you seen and been like I am gonna make that! Then you click on the recipe and look at all the ingredients and then the method and you realised you have to make all these mini bar things then dunk them in chocolate. All the freezing, layers, chocolate dipping. Yeh, chuck that in the can’t really be effed box!
#2 reason why this Raw Healthy Mars Bar Cake is oh so good.
It’s gotta be the delish factor. Really. When we say delish, we mean it. BIG TIME! The caramel layer is like heaven. The chocolate will make you close your eyes and go mmmmm. The nougat layer is out of this world, sit down and have a moment with your cake kinda thing.
#3 reason… enjoy after a Yoga or Pilates class and you the best afternoon planned ever!
Try a FREE MerryBody Yoga or Pilates class RIGHT HERE!
We’d go on and on about this cake but we reckon you’ve probably skipped this bit altogether just to checkout the recipe! Hehe. Yes? No? Either way, love you always and forever (yep, that is from The Originals and yep Klause is our favourite!).
If you try this epically delish Raw Vegan Paleo Mars Bar Cake (let’s just rename it Magical Mars Bar Cake) let us know and share your picture with us on your favourite social media! We hang out a lot on Snapchat (themmsisters) these days, it’s pretty fun!
Emma + Carla
P.s It kinda looks like a long recipe but it’s not hard! We just add extra steps to make it even more easy! YAY!
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 2 tbs. coconut oil
- 2 tbs. cacao
- 1/2 tbs. rice malt syrup
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked overnight)
- 1 cup coconut milk (canned)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 3 tbs. rice malt syrup
- 2 tsp. 100% vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup dates (soaked in boiling water for 10 mins then drained)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (canned)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw cacao
- 2 tbs. nut butter or tahini
- 1 tbs. rice malt syrup
- Line a 24 cm (10 inch) spring form cake tin with baking paper.
- Place all the base ingredients in to a food processor or blender. Whiz until well combined, it will become almost a smooth butter. Yum!
- Spread the mix in to the prepared tin, ensure it is even.
- Place the tin in to the freezer.
- Using the food processor (don't worry about washing it!) place all the filling ingredients and whiz until completely smooth (it will take around 5 minutes).
- Pour this delicious mixture over the top of the base and return to the freezer for about 20 minutes.
- Using the food processor (again, don't worry about washing it) add all the ingredients and whiz until completely thick and smooth.
- Carefully spread the caramel filling over the nougat filling.
- Place into the freezer for 2 hours until completely set.
- Using the food processor (again, don't worry about washing it) add all the choc topping ingredients and whiz until completely smooth. The friction from the blending will melt the ingredients together nicely.
- Take the cake out of the freezer and release the spring form.
- Then place the cake onto a stand or plate, then drizzle the choc topping over the cake until you have your desired look. We did a whole heap of squiggly lines!
- Because the cake is so cold, it should freeze like magic!
- Slice and enjoy! NOM!
- This is TOTALLY a treat. Like it's a healthy treat but it's still a treat and we don't eat this kinda thing every day. We'd enjoy this once a week tops! That's us, so figure out what works for YOU and what makes your head and body feel good!