We absolutely have gone cray cray for curries this winter! ESPECIALLY when they are this easy!
We have this AMAZING curry place down the road from us and their entire menu is gluten free… which we totally love. It’s one of the take aways that doesn’t make us feel sick #winning! Yeeha! Because sometimes you just don’t feel like cooking, right?
BUT for days when you DO feel like cooking up your own curry, maybe for a week worth of delish work lunches, or a fun friend gathering, this Healthy Primal Butter Chicken should be your go to recipe!
We vote serve this baby with a side of caulirice! OR Cauli Pita Bread (you can pretend it’s cauli naan bread! Yay for soaking up all the sauce!).
Emma + Carla
p.s show us how you do curry… share it on social with #themerrymakersisters
p.p.s did you know this recipe features in our FREE recipe eBook? Download your copy HERE!
- 1 kg (2 lbs.) chicken thighs cubed
- 1/3 cup ghee
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 3 tomatoes chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tsp. fresh ginger grated
- 2 tsp. turmeric
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. garam masala
- 1 tsp. chilli powder
- 1 tsp. coriander seed
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Fresh coriander leaves
- In a large saucepan on medium heat melt the ghee.
- Add the chicken thighs and cook until they just turn white. Set the chicken aside.
- In the same saucepan add the onion, garlic, lemon juice, ginger and all the spices.
- Cook for around 5 minutes until all the spices start to smell amazing!
- Add the chicken back to the saucepan along with the coconut milk and tomatoes.
- Turn the heat down to low and allow to simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve with fresh coriander leaves and caulirice (our recipe link is above!).
- Be sure to make enough of this curry for lunch leftovers! Curry is always better the next day!