Has anyone else noticed that EVERYONE is talking about the ketogenic diet… ok, maybe not everyone… just everyone in the health world. If you missed our post a couple weeks ago, we gave you the complete run down on what the actual heck is the ketogenic diet. It’s a good read if you’re wondering.
BUT if you just popped on over because you saw these Keto Brownies and thought DAYUM, they look good… they must get in my belly ASAP, then cool, we should be friends and double cool because the recipe is just a few scrolls away. But hey! Keep reading, we love it when you read.
Basically keto chocolate brownies = brownies with practically no sweetener and super high fat. We’re talking butter, nuts, coconut, nuts, eggs and nuts… oh yeah, there are loads of nuts in this recipe. But all different nuts so, like, yeah, yum!
We tried this recipe with both actual eggs and using a chia gel egg replacement and BOOM, it works both ways! So if you’re egg intolerant… you’re welcome!
So it looks like we’ll be making more keto sweet treats. Let us know if you have any keto recipe requests and we’ll get cooking!
Emma + Carla
p.s have you joined our 14 Day Challenge yet? What… you haven’t? OMG come join the fun! We give you everything you need: meal plans, recipes, shopping lists, tips, direct support and access to 8 live masterclasses! Grab your ticket here!
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups blanched almond meal
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup butter or coconut oil softened
- 1/2 cup of your fave nuts
- 1/4 cup xylitol
- 1/4 cup nut butter or tahini
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (canned)
- 2 tsp. 100% vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a 20 x 20 cm (8 x 8 inch) slice tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl mix the almond meal, nuts, cacao, xylitol, baking powder and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, mix the eggs, butter, nut butter, coconut milk and vanilla until smooth and combined.
- Add the wet ingredients slowly to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared tin and place into the oven for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before turning out and slicing.
- We drizzled with extra nut butter for fun and yum and pretty factor!
- These brownies are not sweet. Feel free to add more sweetener or choose another sweetener BUT then they won't be keto.