This low carb cheesy cauliflower bread is all kinds of delicious and it’s brought to you by our faves SupaBarn. They focus on supplying us all with local produce and they have the biggest and best range of healthy new products. Check them out!
Everyone is talking about the keto diet right now but we first heard about this diet in 2014 when we went to the US for a conference… yes it was for a Primal Living conference so everyone was either on paleo or primal diets… and a variation of these is the keto diet.
We believe the keto diet to be a great therapeutic diet. It’s a great diet to use for short-term, for weight loss and to help treat a variety of other health conditions (we’d recommend seeking expert advice before jumping in). But in our eyes and in our personal experience it’s not a good long-term diet.
We also see many new keto products on the market and these bring another level of confusion. We chatted about this with Dr Rach on our podcast recently. You can tune in HERE. We’d suggest staying away from these products that contain ketones. Do it with REAL FOOD guys!
Ok moving on! Let’s talk about this low carb cheesy cauliflower bread. It’s so easy to make, so delish to eat and it’s perfect for your weekday brekky or lunch! A perfect low carb keto recipe for your meal prep!
You should definitely serve this low carb cheesy cauliflower bread with avocado (pretty sure avo goes with everything and makes everything better!). We’re also keen to try it out in a jaffle maker because UM YUM! The cheese might go everywhere or it might be completely amazing!
Let us know if you make it and also share a pic or a video with us on social media. Send us an Instagram story!
We’d love to hear from you.
Emma + Carla
- 300 g (10 1/2 oz.) grated cauliflower
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 7 eggs whisked
- 1 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a 20 x 10 cm loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl add the grated cauliflower and season with 1/2 tsp. salt. Allow to sit for a couple minutes.
- Then squeeze out any extra liquid with a tea towel (do not skip this step).
- Once this is done, add the cauliflower and all other ingredients to your blender and whiz on slow until smooth.
- Transfer the batter into the loaf tin and shake out to even out the top, then if you like (we like) sprinkle with some extra grated cheese!
- Place into the oven for 40 minutes or until completely cooked through.
- Allow to cool before turning out and slicing and eating and topping with yummy stuff and YAY!
- This bread freezes well! So make a loaf, slice it up and then freeze separate slices so you always have tasty-as healthy bread on hand!
- We reckon the kiddies might like this. It's so yum! If you want to try a nut free version swap the 1/2 cup almond meal to 1/4 cup coconut flour.