So we made low carb Christmas tree brownies and they are everything. You NEED to make these for Christmas day, whack them on your dessert table and YAY everyone will seriously love you (they already do, but they will love you more because brownies win).
This amazing recipe is brought to you by Supabarn. They have everything you need to stock up your healthy kitchen! You will definitely enjoy getting lost in their health food section (they have EVERYTHING!). We love going back to Canberra to visit, stocking up on all our pantry supplies and filling a suitcase to bring back up to the Gold Coast (seriously… we do this!).
We LOVE that these brownies are low carb as well as gluten free, dairy free and grain free. Yeah, we know, how good is that? It’s like you could ACTUALLY eat these for breakfast and that would be totally ok.
But the best place for these brownies is smack, bang in the middle of your dessert table, along with a guilt-free gingerbread house!
Perfect combo if you ask us!
We do admit, the icing is next level goodness because we used Xylitol Icing Sugar from our faves Naturally Sweet (if you can’t find this you could make our other cupcake icing).
AND it’s green, so it actually looks like Christmas trees! You really could make any cake or slice into Christmas trees just cut them into triangles! Simple really!
Ok let’s get onto the recipe because that’s really why you’re here! We’ve also popped this baby on the Get Merry app (where all of our other recipes live at the touch of a button plus we add app only exclusive recipes every darn week… it’s currently #5 in the app store in food and drink! YAY! Celebrate!).
If you do make these cute low carb Christmas tree brownies, take a photo and share it on social media, use #GetMerry so we don’t miss out on seeing it!
Emma + Carla
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups blanched almond meal
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup coconut oil softened
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (canned)
- 1/4 cup erythritol (or natural sweetener of choice)
- 1/4 cup nut butter
- 1 tsp. 100% vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz.) butter softened
- 1 cup Xylitol icing sugar
- 1 tsp. 100% vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. greens powder
- Assorted toppings
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a 20 x 20 cm (8 x 8 inch) slice tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl mix the almond meal, cacao, erythritol, baking powder and salt.
- Add the eggs, coconut oil, nut butter, coconut milk and vanilla, mix until smooth.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared tin, smooth out the top, and place into the oven for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before turning out.
- To make the frosting, using a mix master (or a low speed hand blender), whiz the butter, icing sugar, vanilla and greens until super smooth and delish.
- Cut the brownie into triangles, frost with green icing and sprinkle with frozen raspberries, almonds and whatever you please!
- We used candles to make little tree trunks, but you could use paddle pop sticks!