Have you picked up the pattern yet?! We’re totally digging the whole sweetener free sweet treat thing. We’re calling them paleo UNsweet treats… cute right? You can read more about why we’re kicking all sweeteners (at the moment anyway) here. It has a lot to do with confusion and some to do with feeling pretty darn good! If you like the sound of this you’ll want to check out our sweetener free carrot cake and our no sweetener good fat cake (intrigued? You should be!).
One of our friends requested that we make a sweetener free brownie… of course, we accepted the challenge and voila! Introducing our No Sweetener Pumpkin Cacao Brownie! Sounds weird right? Well it totally ‘aint! You know the whole sweet potato brownie/pancake obsession that happened last year… well, scrap that because pumpkin is the new black… well in this case, the new sweet potato! And it has been for a while here at Merrymaker HQ. It’s probably, definitely our all time favourite vegetable ever. So tasty, so versatile, so good for you!
If you haven’t jumped on the pumpkin train then NOW is the time to grab your ticket! The perfect place to start is with a batch of our No Sweetener Pumpkin Cacao Brownies! Feed them to your family, feed them to your friends and definitely, absolutely feed these No Sweetener Pumpkin Cacao Brownies to YOURSELF!
Emma + Carla
Ps. We drizzled our No Sweetener Pumpkin Cacao Brownies with our Sweetener Free Chocolate! Get the recipe!
- 1 cup of cooked puréed pumpkin
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a 20 x 20cm (8 x 8 inch) square cake tin with baking paper.
- In a food processor or blender whiz all the ingredients except the walnuts. The batter will be nice and smooth.
- Stir through the walnuts and pour in to the prepared slice tin.
- Shake the tin to even out the top and place in to the oven for 30 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and allow to sit for at least 10 minutes before slicing and enjoying!
- Serve with our sweetener free chocolate to up the YUM FACTOR (link above!)
- With all our sweetener free treats... if you like it sweet add a 1-2 tbs honey or maple syrup!