Kids love chicken nuggets… actually pretty sure all the people in the whole entire world love chicken nuggets. So for this reason we just had to make Paleo Chicken Nuggets. And because nuts are banned from schools we decided to make them nut free.
So these nut free paleo chicken nuggets are perfect served cold for kids lunches! They’re even better served hot for dinny with delicious healthy crunchy sweet potato chips! We’re 99.9% sure your kids will love that dinner. You could even serve them with paleo tomato sauce! Let us know what your kids think. We get excited when we find out they like our recipes.
We even served these nut free paleo chicken nuggets at one of our friend’s Kids Bday parties! Look how cute.
Yes these nut free paleo chicken nuggets are super yum, fun and definitely delicious. You should definitely make them!
Emma + Carla
Ps. this recipe features in Make it Merry, our cook book! Grab your copy here.
- 500g (1 lbs.) chicken mince
- 1 cup carrot finely grated
- 1⁄4 cup coconut flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs. onion flakes
- 1⁄2 tbs. cassava flour (or tapioca)
- 1 tsp. paprika
- salt and pepper
- coconut oil for pan
- In a large bowl combine the chicken mince, egg, carrot, onion flakes, salt and pepper. You might need to get your hands dirty!
- In a small bowl, mix the coconut flour, cassava flour and paprika.
- Take tablespoon fulls of the chicken mix and roll in to balls then coat in the flour mix and flatten slightly, it will make around 24.
- Continue until all of the chicken mix is used.
- In a large fry pan melt the coconut oil on medium heat.
- Add half the nuggets and cook for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Carefully flip and cook for a further 2 -3 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining chicken nuggets. Serve with healthy tomato sauce. YUM!
- We reckon these would be great as burger patties too! Just make them bigger and cook a little longer!