These paleo bread rolls are so yum and super easy to make! They go perfect with winter soups and curries, make the best burger buns and perfect hot out of the oven with a dollup of butter! ALSO… If you love this recipe you should definitely checkout out our Paleo Bread recipe eBook!
These paleo bread rolls are made of chia seeds. Yes, those tiny little black specs known as chia seeds are packed full of goodness. Each one is made up of over 30% Omega 3 (eight times more than salmon). Our bodies can’t make Omega 3 so we must get it all form the food we eat (or supplements). Studies have also shown our little chia friends assist with weight loss, stabilizing our blood sugar levels, depression and lots more! The recommended daily intake is about ten grams and the best bit is they are so easy to add to your every day diet. They don’t have much flavour so you can sprinkle them on just about everything (smoothies, salads, yoghurt, oats, granola etc etc).
There are oh so many more benefits of all these seeds…this means more reasons to add them to your diet! We have been experimenting with them quite a bit and are so excited to share our paleo chia bread roll recipe! Yes…paleo…bread roll (never thought those words would be in the same sentence!)
Well it can be done and it is actually delicious!
We made these just the other night for family dinner. Perfect with our paleo ‘potato’ and leek soup. Our Dad (aka the bread-a-holic) even approved (we are slowly but surely converting him).
e + c
p.s remember to share your merrymaker creations with us! Use #themerrymakersisters so we don’t miss them!
- 1 cup arrowroot flour (also called tapioca flour)
- 1/3 cup of chia flour or ground chia
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of warm water
- 1 egg whisked
- 1/2 cup of sesame seeds
- salt + pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Combine the arrowroot flour and chia flour in a bowl.
- Gradually add the water and oil, stirring, until a sticky paste forms.
- Add the whisked egg and continue to stir.
- Now for the flavour! Add your sesame seeds and freshly cracked salt and pepper.
- With wet hands, roll handfuls of mixture.
- On a lined baking tray place each roll around five centimetres away from each other.
- Sprinkle each roll with some extra sesame seeds and a little more salt.
- Place into the oven and bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown and your sesame seeds are toasted on top.
- Best served immediately with a dollop of ghee or butter!