This year our valentines day is all about ourselves, it’s time for some self love. We’re also excited to share our paleo caramel mud cake recipe. It’s all kinds of yum + it actually tastes like a mud cake… not kidding.
Now, back to self love.
In this crazy busy world we live in we sometimes forget to love number one, ourselves! Before you go thinking this is selfish… don’t. If we all love ourselves first this means we can give 100% of our best selves to those around us. Makes sense hey?!
To help you on your way to self love here are seven affirmations. Thanks to Louise Hay for the affirmation inspiration. Try one out every day this week!
- I deserve to have good things come into my life.
- All is well, I have all the time in the world to do what I need to do.
- As I go through my day I will remember the universe loves me.
- There’s no such thing as a mistake, every situation is teaching me something.
- Play is important in my life. Today I allow myself to do something fun.
- My body is a precious temple and I treat it with respect.
- Today I enjoy every minute of what I’m doing.
Before we started practising positive affirmations we thought they were sort of silly but it wasn’t long until we realised they actually work. Positive + loving feelings toward yourself really help to create a happy + healthy life. If you haven’t tried it, what’s stopping you? We say give it a shot + just see how you feel!
Do you make self love a priority? We’d love to hear from you in the comments section.
Oh + we really recommend making this paleo choc caramel mud cake. It’s really yummy, it might even be our new paleo sweet treat!
e + c
- 6 eggs whisked
- 2 cups coconut oil melted
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (or preferred natural sweetener)
- 2 tsp. 100% vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup fresh or thawed raspberries
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup creamed coconut (or coconut cream)
- 2 tbs. coconut sugar (or preferred natural sweetener)
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius + line the bottom of a heart shaped spring form tin with baking paper (or just a regular 24 cm round cake tin) + grease the edges with a little coconut oil.
- In a bowl combine the eggs, coconut oil + vanilla.
- Add the coconut flour, coconut sugar, baking powder + stir well until combined. The mixture is very thick, don't be alarmed!
- Press the mixture into the tin + smooth the top.
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes in the tin before turning out.
- Once the cake has cooled completely cover with delish frosting! Perfect for your lover... or for a week of #selflove
- In a blender of food processor whiz the cashews until a fine meal forms.
- Add the coconut oil, creamed coconut and coconut sugar and whiz again until smooth.
- Now add the raspberries and whiz until desired consistency (have a taste... delish right?!).