Waffles are definitely fun. We can thank PaleOMG (Juli) for our new waffle addiction, these Paleo Chocolate Waffles are based on her recipe. We pretty much changed most of the recipe… but it was definitely inspired from her!
The main reason we love paleo waffles is because they’re petty much like paleo pancakes (as in they have a similar mixture) but you don’t have to flip them!
This is a good thing as flipping paleo pancakes can be the most annoying thing in the world… paleo pancakes sometimes = paleo scramble.
Back to the waffles! This was the very first time we’d ever made paleo waffles and we were obviously pretty darn excited by this activity.
It’s a big deal! So we had to celebrate, we did this by making our paleo waffles in to a Paleo Waffle Cake!
It’s amazing, you should definitely check out ALL the drool worthy photos and of course the recipe (that’s coming this week). You won’t regret it!
If you own a waffle machine you should definitely make these (don’t forget to share your photos on social media!). If you don’t own one, do think seriously about investing, even though it takes up extra cupboard space… it’s worth the wafflle making fun!
Emma + Carla
P.s. Click here for the PaleOMG original recipe!
P.p.s we had someone asked what machine we use, it’s called the Ariete Party Time Waffle Maker… hehe! No jokes about it, that’s what it’s called.
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 tbs. raw cacao powder (or carob powder)
- 1 tbs. maple syrup (optional if you want no sweetener!)
- 1 tsp. 100% vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Turn on your waffle maker and let it heat up!
- In a blender, whiz all of the ingredients until smooth.
- Place large spoon fulls of batter (about 1/4 cup but this depends on your waffle maker size) on to the waffle maker.
- Cook for around 6 minutes, they'll crisp up and turn in to delicious waffles!
- Continue until all the batter is used!
- SO EASY!
- This will make around 6 waffles! Be sure to top with deliciousness OR turn it in to a WAFFLE CAKE! See the link for our Waffle Cake recipe above!