We love our paleo pasta creations! They are super quick, easy, healthy + delish! Scroll down for our paleo creamy avocado spinach dill pasta or keep reading all about our #AVOrage.
Does anyone suffer form #AVOrage? Thank you to 1 of our lovely followers for coming up with this term! Hehe.
Well, we suffer… it is nothing against the amazing avocado, it actually just proves how deep our love goes for these amazingly delicious, healthy, (good) fatty fruits. Yes… we said fruit!
#AVOrage can be caused by the following situations:
- We want to buy an avocado to eat that day (maybe so we can make our paleo creamy avocado spinach dill pasta!). They’re all not quite ripe. Buy it anyway, cut it + BAM! To our surprise it’s not ripe. Silly merrymakers.
- We find the perfect looking avocado. It’s ready to eat. Cut it + FAR OUT the seed is almost as big as the whole avocado. Or worse… the avocado is rotten! #AVOrage
- We go to 1 fruit market. NO avocado… anywhere. Go to Coles around the corner HUH? NO AVOCADO! This actually makes us almost cry (not really kidding either!).
- We stock up on not-quite-ripe avocados, ready to be eaten in a couple days. All of a sudden our week gets filled with social + dining out engagements. We finally have some time at home + find 5 avocados, perfect for eating… 2 days ago. Boooo!
Oh the #AVOrage! BUT thankfully the good ole avocado is more often good than bad + OH do we LOVE a good avo. Each + every time we cut open the perfect avocado a ‘YAYYY’ +/or happy dance is required. We love avocado: they make us happy + are good for us.
Do you suffer from #AVOrage? Do you love avocado too? We’d love to hear about it, just leave us a comment!
Of course, this week’s recipe features the avocado: paleo creamy avocado spinach dill pasta.
e + c
- 250g baby spinach
- 1 avocado
- 4 shallots
- handful of fresh dill
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup water
- juice of 1-2 lemons (depending on size)
- salt + pepper
- 500g mince (we used beef)
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 400g button mushrooms sliced
- 3 packets SlimPasta (angel hair)
- 1 tbs. coconut oil
- In a food processor (we used our Vitamix) whiz the baby spinach, avocado flesh, shallots, dill, olive oil, water, lemon juice, salt + pepper.
- It will take around 2 minutes on high speed to make it thick + creamy. Leave this for now.
- In a high heat pan melt the coconut oil, then add the onion + garlic. Sauté until soft.
- Add the mince + cook until brown.
- Add the mushrooms + the spinach sauce, simmer, then turn down the heat to medium.
- Meanwhile, prepare your SlimPasta according to the directions on the packet.
- Stir through the pasta + serve immediately.