Oh, you liked our paleo banana bread you say? Well if that’s the case, you’re gonna LOVE this Grain Free Date and Walnut Loaf!
The best thing about this delightful loaf of goodness is that it’s ridiculously easy, with minimal ingredients. It’s a total win/win situation we got goin’ on here. You know we’re all about delicious food but easy peasy recipes with less time in the kitchen.
Also, this recipe features in our Make It Merry cookbook. Along with another 70 of our all time favourite recipes! You can grab your copy HERE and we will wrap it all up, add sparkles (because fun) and send it to you.
We vote that you make this for your next morning tea. We reckon all your colleagues will love you forever (ever ever!)
Emma + Carla
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 cup pitted dates chopped (soaked in boiling water for at least 10 minutes)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts chopped
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil melted
- 3 eggs whisked
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a 20x10cm (8x4inch) loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl combine the almond meal, walnuts, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Drain the dates and add to the bowl along with the coconut oil and eggs. Mix until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture in to the prepared tin and place in to the oven for 45 minutes or until it springs back when you lightly touch the top.
- Allow to cool in the tin before turning out and slicing.
- Jazz up this loaf with a side of maple walnut butter. Just blend 1⁄2 cup butter, 1⁄4 cup walnuts and 2 tbs. 100% maple syrup. Yum!