This recipe for Paleo Lamb Meatballs is from our very first eBook, ‘Let’s Eat Paleo’. If you bought this eBook we want to say a huge thank you! You’ve been following us for a while and we love you heaps! If you didn’t… of course we still love you (times a million!).
The original name for this delicious recipe was actually ‘Surprise! Minty Lamb Meatballs’. HAHA. Far out we crack ourselves up sometimes. Anyway, when you check out the recipe you’ll understand the name.
These meat balls are perfect for snacks and party platters. You can also serve them for dinner with roast vegies or a huge salad. If you need your balls with some sauce checkout this recipe for sugar free tomato sauce.
When you look at the recipe and you can’t be bothered with the ‘Surprise!’ part that is a-ok! Just skip it and make the paleo lamb meatballs! Alrighty! Huge love and…
Emma + Carla
- 500g (1lb) lamb mince
- 3/4 cup fresh mint chopped
- 1/2 onion diced finely
- 1/2 avocado mashed
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tbs. tomato paste (check for nasties)
- salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the lamb, mint, onion, tomato paste and salt and pepper.
- Scoop out about 2 tbs. of mince and roll into a ball (use wet hands to make it easier.)
- Squish the ball into a flat pattie... now it's time for the surprise!
- Place 1/2 a teaspoon of mashed avocado in the centre of the pattie.
- Fold the edges of the meat around the avocado and then roll into a ball and place on the baking tray.
- Continue this process until all the mince and avocado is used up!
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Enjoy. Delish. YAY!
- As we mentioned above. If you can't be bothered with the surprise... don't! Just roll them into balls and bake! You can serve them with the avocado on the side!