By now, if you have been following along, you would know that our lives revolve around exercising, eating right, socialising, family time, studies, oh and of course work! Four months ago we had our schedule down pat with all of these factors covered. We finally were happy inside and out. It only took…our whole lives.
This was a massive achievement! Since hitting our teens, or maybe even earlier, we had the all too common internal battle with our weight and self-confidence, but finally we found a way of life that worked.
So, naturally we wanted to share it…welcome: this blog!
But blogging is pretty time consuming…slowly but surely we were slacking off a little with our exercise, instead of going to the gym straight after work we were coming home to cook, and then blog all night long! The food would ALWAYS be healthy (in fact all of our recipes on the blog are) but we were beginning to miss our regular afternoon gym sessions and the worst thing? We could see our skipped gym sessions in the mirror (insert nightmarish music: our butts were getting flat…we MUST squat must SQUAT!)
Priorities, priorities…we miss the gym, our eyes are going square, we have to stop cooking all this delish healthy food so we stop eating it! (Yes, that’s right, overeating is not good, even if it is clean and healthy!) But the thing is we really love this blog (and maybe YOU really love this blog) and we don’t plan on stopping anytime soon, because:
1. it is our creative outlet.
2. we get to talk about food all the time (we always do this…but now we have a reason to).
3. we can promote a healthy lifestyle and motivate others (our favourite reason).
So JUST after getting our life schedules all scheduled right, some re-evaluation is now required.
The plan? We have written a detailed work out plan (this is going to change every 3-4 weeks) and we are going to combine our blogging recipes with our food prep time (so keep an eye out for lots of quick and easy meals coming your way!)
It just shows, you can never stop, the journey is never ‘over’.
Now to what you have all been waiting for! Thanks to everyone who entered our blog re-launch giveaway. We loved reading the variety of fit + healthy plans and were overwhelmed with the support, feedback and encouragement…you are all a part of our fit + healthy plan and we wish we had a prize for every one of you! But there can only be one winner!
The winner (selected randomly using random.org) of the massive healthy hamper is…(drum roll…)
Jess! Who wrote her fit + healthy plan as a haiku poem: paleo pancakes, equals deliciousness and living healthier. We will comment on your post to get your details! Congratulations!
To celebrate being healthy and our blog (+ our re-evaluated life schedule) here is our super speedy go to snack recipe for paleo maple mustard chicken bits wrapped in bacon. You have just gotta try this one!
e + c
- 500g chicken breast
- 10 pieces of short cut bacon
- 1 green capsicum
- 1/4 a cup Paleo chef's, Maple Mustard (you can substitute this for: 1 tbs. seeded mustard mixed with 1 tbs. coconut oil and 1 tsp. raw honey)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Cut the chicken into two cm cubes.
- Cut the capsicum into two cm squares.
- Slice each piece of bacon long ways into three.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around a piece of chicken and slide onto a toothpick.
- Slide a square of capsicum onto one end of the skewer.
- Continue until you have no ingredients left.
- Place all skewers onto a lined baking tray.
- Brush a little maple mustard on top of each of the skewers.
- Place into the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- These are great served hot or also cold and are a perfect party starter!
- Try swapping the capsicum for a sqaure of onion - yummo