Look at us! We are on the cover of our favourite local magazine: City News! As you can imagine we are somewhat (EXTREMELY) excited about this, our message is getting out there (…and the photos turned out awesome…PHEW!)
We were pretty nervous as this was our first real life interview…but the afternoon was actually a lot of fun. Laura, Silas and Brent came over to the merrymaker household for the interview where we talked and talked and talked all things fit + healthy + paleo (so yes, we were in our element). We apologise to Laura, as she recorded the interview…we’re really not sure how she would have deciphered our voices as we pretty much sound exactly the same…no one ever knows who it is when we answer the phone.
We get a lot of “Hi urghh Ca-Em…Em-la…oh who am I talking to…?”
Of course we had a delish selection of our favourite paleo goodies on offer. Our choc-raspberry no bake cake (drool…get. in. our. tummies), our all time fave: paleo hummus and crackers as well as our new raw super food bars. We received great feedback from the City News team about all three yummies (thanks guys!) and even learnt a thing or two from (paleo) Silas!
After the interview we were on such a high and realised, this is exactly what we want to do. So the exciting news is…we are now beginning to work on our first e-book. We are in very early stages but it should be hitting your screens soon!
Have a read of the article and let us know what you think! While your reading, why not munch on some paleo nut bars…NOT our raw super food bar (these are being trialled and tested until they are perfected) but these taste amazing…from what we can remember, they taste just like a snickers bar…quick. go! make! CREATE!
e + c
- 2 cups roasted mixed nuts
- 1/2 cup of almond meal
- 1/2 cup of toasted coconut
- 1 tbs. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup nut butter
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of raw honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch of himalayan salt
- Line a 25cm sqaure tray with baking paper.
- In a bowl, place the mixed nuts, almond meal, coconut, cinnamon and salt.
- Mix well until combined.
- Leave this for now.
- In a saucepan melt together the nut butter, coconut oil, raw honey and vanilla extract.
- Stir until it combined into a thick, smooth paste.
- Add the paste to the nut mix and stir well.
- Give it a little taste...HELLO YUM!
- Pour the mixture into the baking tray and press down until the mixture is even.
- Put the baking tray into the fridge for around an hour, or until set.
- Cut into desired size and enjoy!
- If you don't eat them in one sitting (oops!) store the rest in the fridge until ready to eat.