We’re not going to lie, some days we just feel like a piece of toast with butter. Well stop the press because we’ve answered our own prayers! Paleo bread! This Paleo Savoury Bead Loaf is seriously AMAZE-BITES! In fact, we ate the whole thing in one day (we don’t recommend this). We are so excited about this paleo savoury bread!
Yes, it’s a little different to a regular loaf of bread… it ain’t fluffy is what we’re saying! No, it’s much MUCH better! It’s dense, and moist (errk we hate that word!) and taaaaaay-sty! Make a loaf, then slice and freeze the pieces individually for those days you’re craving a piece of toast with avocado, a ham and mustard sandwich, a piece of toast to soak up your egg yolk or what about a piece of bread with melting butter (drool!).
Always merrymaking, Emma + Carla
ps. share pictures of your paleo bread with us on social media! Use #themerrymakersisters so we don’t miss them!
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup carrot grated (you could also use sweet potato, beetroot or zucchini!)
- 1/2 cup butter melted (or ghee or coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup chia flour (or ground chia seeds or flaxmeal)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup mixed seeds (we used pumpkin and sesame)
- 1 tbs. dried onion flakes
- 1 tbs. dried basil flakes
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius and line a 20 x 10cm loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a mix master (we just use our Vitamix) mix the eggs and butter on high speed, until fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- Add the chia flour, coconut flour, baking powder, onion flakes, basil and salt and pepper.
- Mix again on medium speed until combined.
- Transfer this into a mixing bowl and add the grated carrot and seeds. Stir well.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared loaf tin and top with extra seeds.
- Place in to the oven for 40 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before slicing into desired sized pieces (we like to do ours thin!).
- If your loaf is still a little too moist on top after 40 minutes in the oven... leave it in a little longer!
This was inspired by the Paleo Cafe Lifestyle Cookbook!