Super excited to share this recipe for Paleo Skinny French Fries with you all from our friend Monica over at The Movement Menu!
When we saw these chippies pop up on our feed we KNEW we had to share (and eat many batches) of them! Now, they’re called Paleo Skinny French Fries, not because they’re a weight loss miracle food… but because they are literally so super skinny and crispy.
By now, you probably know that we don’t just follow a paleo lifestyle for the aesthetic benefits (they’re great too), nope, it’s all about longevity, how our bodies are functioning at a cellular level (like how our insides work… paleo helps them work much better) AND because of the new positive relationship we have with the food we eat. That’s right, no more binge eating and no more starving ourselves of nutrients. We eat when we’re hungry and we choose foods that are going to nourish our bodies and make us feel our bests. You can read more about our paleo journey here!
Ok! Enough of that, we got kind of serious for a second there! Here’s the recipe for Paleo Skinny French Fries! Thanks Monica for sharing this epic recipe with us! YUM!
Emma + Carla
p.s make our super quick and easy paleo tomato sauce to go with these Paleo Skinny French Fries! You’re welcome!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 tbs. grassfed butter or ghee melted
- 1 tbs. coconut oil melted
- 2 cloves garlic, very finely grated
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. cumin
- salt and pepper
- Wash your sweet potatoes pat them dry with a towel.
- Preheat the oven to 200*c or 400*F and line 2 baking trays with aluminium foil, place a wire rack on top.
- Cut off the ends and carefully spiralize the sweet potatoes on the smallest blade you have.
- You can also use a julienne peeler. It's up to you.
- Place the skinny sweet potatoes into a large bowl.
- Combine the sweet potatoes with the oil, butter, garlic and all of the spices.
- Use your hands to make sure that the potatoes are completely coated.
- Spread the sweet potato fries on to the wire racks in one layer, place in to the oven for 20 minutes.
- Flip them over and cook for another 20 minutes or until they look golden brown and crispy.
- Keep an eye on them so they don't burn!
- Why not make a batch of our paleo tomato sauce to go with these delish fries?!