These paleo veggie burgers are next-level delicious! They are perfect for you if you’re vegetarian or paleo/grain free and trying to eat less meat (like we are).
Not sure if you’ve ever looked at the ingredients in store-bought veggie burgers and had the shock of the life time?! We did! Like huhhh what are all these ingredients?
So this is why it’s a good idea to make your own paleo veggie burgers! They are only filled with good stuff!
If you want to go ALL out you can even make these paleo crunchy bread rolls to go with them!
We simply served ours with a plate of delicious salad. More veggies is always a good idea right?!
If you try these Paleo veggie burgers, let us know! Share a pic with us on social media. We’d love to see them.
Emma + Carla
P.s this recipe is also on the Get Merry recipe app, along with almost 500 other recipes!
- 3 carrots grated
- 2 zucchinis grated
- 1 egg whisked
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup cashews
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- 2 cm (1 inch) fresh ginger chopped
- 1 tbs. cassava flour (or arrowroot/tapioca) plus extra
- 1 tbs. coconut flour
- 1 tsp. ground coriander seeds
- 1 tsp. cumin
- salt and pepper
- Your fave salad stuff
- In a large mixing bowl add the grated zucchini and carrot and squeeze out all the excess liquid really well. Leave this for now.
- In a blender or food processor whiz the cashews, garlic, ginger, cassava, coconut flour and spices until combined.
- Transfer the cashew mix into the bowl with the zucchini and carrot, add the egg, season with salt and pepper and stir super well.
- Divide the mixture into 8 even portions, roll into balls and flatten to form burger patties.
- In a bowl add some extra cassava flour, in another bowl place the sesame seeds.
- Lightly coat each buger in the flour, then in sesame seeds.
- In a large frypan on high heat add a generous amount of coconut oil and allow to melt.
- Turn the heat down a little, add your first batch of burger patties and fry for 8 minutes. Flip and continue to fry the other side for another 7 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Transfer onto a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Continue until all burgers are cooked.
- Serve delish veggie burger patties on top of delish salad! Yum!
- These are so super yum cold too! Great for meal prepping!