The fact of the matter is that you NEED to make these Super Seedy Crunchy Paleo Bread Rolls. Like they’re really… really… REALLY yum!
You thought that crunchy bread rolls were off the menu when you embarked on project: merrymaker lifestyle. Well, you thought wrong. Because these Super Seedy Crunchy Paleo Bread Rolls (and yes you have to call them that) are the goods. THE GOODS!
Perfect for burgers, soup, lunch rolls and anything else that needs a bread roll. We love making chicken, avo and salad rolls with them because that’s like the best lunch ever, right? We also love dipping them into hot pumpkin soup and making bacon and egg rolls. AHHH we must make these paleo roles. STAT!
Enjoy times a million! And don’t forget to share your seedy rolls with us on Instagram, Snapchat and Facebook. Because when you share your photos it makes us smile huge!
Emma + Carla
p.s this recipe features in our Make It Merry cookbook along with 70 other quick, easy and delish recipes to boost your health and happiness!
- 1 cup chia seeds
- 1⁄2 cup butter melted
- 1⁄2 cup poppy seeds
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 1⁄3 cup cassava flour (or arrowroot/tapioca)
- 2 eggs whisked
- 1 tbs. paprika
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine the ground chia, cassava flour, all the seeds, spices, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Gradually add the water and butter, stirring vigorously until a sticky paste forms.
- Add the whisked eggs and continue to stir.
- With wet hands, roll handfuls of mixture in to 8 separate balls and place on to the baking tray and press down slightly.
- Place in to the oven for 40 minutes. Serve with a dollop of butter!
- Get organised! Bake a batch of these babies, freeze separately and thaw out for the ultimate lunch: healthy bread rolls = #winning