So many reasons to love these pear and berry gluten free muffins. Firstly, they’re so easy to make with minimal ingredients. They’re also gluten free, refined sugar free with easy swaps to make grain free (our recipe has rice malt syrup) and dairy free (ours uses butter… coz um yum).
This Merrymaker recipe is brought to you by SupaBarn. They always have the freshest produce and make all the best healthy products available in their epic health food section. You can skip a visit to the health food shop when you shop at SupaBarn.
The funny thing with healthy muffins is that they can be kind of funny looking, so we really recommend you don’t imagine that giant baked muffin with that big muffin top when you’re baking these pear and berry gluten free muffins.
We’re sorry (but not really)… these muffins simply don’t have a muffin top. BUT they’re filled with good-for-you ingredients, so we feel like it’s an easy and understandable compromise. Also, they’re still bloody yum!
We don’t eat a lot of pears, we really are berry Merry sisters (oh gosh, we did just go there) and wow, the pear was a great decision. We used super ripe pears so once baked the flavour was insanely delicious. But feel free to swap to any other fruit or leave out altogether.
We’ve come up with some other gluten free muffin flavour combos for you…
- Strawberry and apple
- Raspberry and macadamia (yum this sounds so good!)
- Blueberry and almond
- Apple and cinnamon
- Strawberry and pistachio
- Blackberry and strawberry
Ok, you get it… muffin flavour combos are endless. Choose whatever your heart desires and be sure to send us a pic of your yummy pear and berry gluten free muffins. We love seeing your Merrymaker recipes on Instagram!
Emma + Carla
Pear and berry gluten free muffins
STUFF YOU NEED
- 2 cups blanched almond meal
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (canned)
- 100 g butter softened (3.5 oz.)
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup (or other natural sweetener)
- 4 eggs whisked
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 pears chopped
- 1 cup mixed berries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and line 12 muffin trays with muffin cases.
- In a large bowl add the almond meal, coconut flour, cinnamon and salt, mix well.
- Add the coconut milk, butter, rice malt, eggs and vanilla, mix until combined and smooth.
- Finally, add the pear and berries, gently mix.
- Evenly divide the mixture and fill the muffin cases with batter.
- Place into the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly and then dollop with extra butter YUM!