This slow cooked chicken tikka masala recipe is all kinds of delicious. Seriously how good are slow cookers! They make healthy cooking so easy and do-able.
We love all our slow cooker recipes because they are ALL… chuck everything in the slow cooker, turn on and leave. None of this pre-cooking business… and yeh we get it, it probably it tastier when you pre-cook but we just can’t be bothered (hehe).
This recipe is originally from our hard copy recipe book. You can grab a copy here.
Also! It’s on the Get Merry recipe app.
PLUS… we just did a big roundup of delicious 3 course dinner menu ideas. And they are filled with easy recipes including this tasty as recipe! CHECK IT OUT HERE.
If you make this easy peasy slow cooked chicken masala let us know! Share a pic with us on Instagram stories! We are @themerrymakersisters woohoo!
Emma + Carla
- 500 g (1 lbs ) chicken thighs chopped into chunks
- 1 onion diced
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 2 cm (1 inch) piece ginger grated
- 2 cups 100% tomato passata
- 3/4 cup coconut milk (canned)
- 2 tbs. 100% tomato paste
- 1 tbs paprika
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 broccoli cut into florets
- 1⁄2 cauliflower cut into florets
- 3 tbs fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 1 tbs melted coconut oil
- salt and pepper
- Add all the chicken ingredients to the slow cooker and stir super well.
- Turn on to low heat and cook for 8 hours.
- An hour before the slow cooker is finished preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Lay the cauliflower and broccoli onto the tray, drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 30 minutes, turn and cook for another 10 minutes
- Once everything is cooked, serve out bowls of delish tikka chicken, baked veggies and fresh coriander!
- Make sure you cook enough for leftovers! We put left over chicken on top of pizza... and it was one of our best ideas yet.