This podcast episode is brought to your by MerryBody. The 4 week Yoga and Pilates home fitness program.
If you could hear your thoughts on a recording what they be saying? Would they be thoughts of kindness, compassion and love? Or thoughts of anger, hate and dislike? We’ve worked hard at changing our self-hating thoughts. And woah, did it take practise to turn them into self-love. And guess what though? The hate and judgement still creep in.
Seriously, why do we always judge ourselves?
This episode has so much goodness. Ahhh!
Stuff we talked about…
- how we watched our MerryBody workout videos and the first reaction and thoughts were HORRIBLE!
- how weird it is when you think a photo/video of yourself is horrible and then in a week you like it, then a year later it’s like dayum you were a babe!
- what we do to bring more self-love into our days.
- the importance of being present. The magic of presence!
- how the idea of ‘perfection’ does not exist.
“The beauty myth- an obsession with physical perfection that traps a modern woman in an endless cycle of hopelessness, self-consciousness, and self-hatred as she tries to fulfil society’s impossible definition of flawless beauty. I choose to take care of myself because I want to, not to prove anything to anyone. Wind in her sails.” Selena Gomez.
Please share this episode with anyone who needs to hear it.
Listen to all the #GetMerry podcast episodes! Find them on iTunes and Stitcher for Androids. Wooohooooo! PLUS we are on Spotify over HERE!
Emma + Carla