We were having lunch with our friend, Maddy, and she asked me what are the top 5 lessons that I’ve learned now that I’m 30. Just like Emma’s 30 lessons on her 30th birthday, I thought instead of writing them let’s talk about them!
Stuff we talked about…
- FORGIVENESS… of yourself and others.
- Holding on to grudges doesn’t bring any goodness. It only hurts yourself, takes up space in your mind.
- SURRENDER… and trust the process.
- Always do your best but let go of the attachment to your goals, relationships whatever it is that you so badly want.
- Ask yourself this question: How much JOY can you bring today.
- Create the joy. Feel the joy. Be joy.
- It doesn’t matter what you look like. We have to learn not to put so much value on our external features and learn to see the beauty in everything.
- Let go of unnecessary expectations of yourself and others.
- Learn how to breathe properly.
- Be grateful for this one life that you have.
Bring on this new decade! Bring on my 30s!
We’d love to hear about your biggest life lessons you have to date. Share it via your Instagram stories and we’ll be nodding along.
Let us know if you loved this episode by sending us an email at [email protected] or [email protected] or on our Facebook and Instagram account @themerrymakersisters.
Join us for 7 Days of guided Yoga and Meditation sessions starting October 5. The classes are just 25 minutes or less. Experience absolute bliss, movement and a deep feeling of calm. Sign up at: https://themerrymakersisters.com/7days/
Check out all the Get Merry Podcast episodes on iTunes and Overcast and Stitcher for Androids. Plus we are on Spotify over HERE!
Emma + Carla
P.s if you ever need further help or guidance please contact Lifeline or Beyond Blue. Asking for help is pure courage.