How do you react less and respond better? We chat about this and more during this episode.
Can you relate? You’re having a simple chat with your partner, sibling or best friend and they say something that frustrates you. You then blow up with a reply that almost shocks you?!
We both can definitely relate to this!
And this is why learning to respond rather than react reduces a whole lot of suffering, creates more happiness and stronger relationships.
Stuff we talked about…
- Be more empathetic and considerate of others. Shock horror, the world does not revolve around you, sorry.
- Don’t take things personally. Practice stepping out of your story and stop relating what they’re doing to you.
- Add space where possible, whether it’s a breath or time to go inwards to process and reflect on the situation. It could also be a meditation, going for a walk, doing a yoga or Pilates class. It’s shifting your environment creating space between what happened and your response.
- Create a practice that helps you become better at responding before the situation even occurs.
- We have to have the awareness, the want and the desire to work on how we respond. This is the first step.
- Don’t keep things inside you. If something upsets you then figure out how to talk about it with your partner, friend, sister, parents or whoever.
Choose one takeaway from this episode, work on it and see what happens!
If you have any A-HA moments, questions, comments or feedback about this episode, send us an email at [email protected] or [email protected] or message us on our Facebook and Instagram accounts @themerrymakersisters.
Join our 5-day MerryBody Challenge and get direct access to 10 minute Yoga and Pilates classes. Sign up at themerrymakersisters.com/5days
Emma + Carla