This episode was inspired by the many questions we’ve been receiving about meditation from our 1 on 1 conversations with MerryBody members. We keep hearing things like “I want to be good at meditating, but my mind just goes on and on” or “I just can’t meditate, I want to, but it feels impossible”. Can you relate?
Stuff we talked about…
- The spinning thoughts are actually normal. This doesn’t mean you suck at meditating or that you can’t meditate. This is just your mind doing what it’s designed to do, think!
- There are distractions everywhere so it takes more effort to slow the mind down.
- Create an anchor for your practice.
- Meditation is a tool to ease the suffering of life.
- Meditation and Yoga give your body a chance to rest and recover.
- What’s the best way to sit when you meditate?
We hope that this has inspired you to either continue your meditation practice or perhaps begin a meditation practice. Take a listen to 296: Embody Guided Meditation (seriously go to bliss town in 9 minutes), one of our guided meditations. It’s all about focusing on your body and a technique to quiet down the mind.
How do you go with your meditation? Do you struggle? Do you have more questions? If you have any A-HA moments, questions, comments or feedback about this episode, send us an email at [email protected] or [email protected] or message us on our Facebook and Instagram accounts @themerrymakersisters.
Join our 5-day MerryBody Challenge and get direct access to 10 minute Yoga and Pilates classes. Sign up at themerrymakersisters.com/5days
Emma + Carla