We’re excited to dive into the topic of languishing. It was a topic inspired by one of our community members, Steph.
Stuff we talked about…
- The difference between a flourishing mindset and a languishing mindset from a psychologist’s perspective. Listen to Episode 231: Create a flourishing mindset with psychologist Ellen Jackson
- At the beginning of COVID lockdown when we were forced to slow down, it was kind of a good thing because we were given permission to do nothing and simply take a rest. Many of us got into this routine of inactivity and used the time to refill up our energy.
- Overcoming the feeling of languishing involves refinding a purpose to remotivate yourself and then move forward.
- If you’re feeling stuck, take any step to get you out of the situation you’re in right now.
- Self-awareness is the key to quickly move out of your languishing feeling. If you can recognize this feeling, you have taken your first step.
- Get the right kind of help and talk about your struggles with someone you can trust. Making a plan also helps to create motivation.
- Get a coach or an accountability partner to help you get things done.
- We talk about Kevin Basham and how he is helping us with an SEO project, we’ve interviewed him before on episode 317!
We would love to hear from you. If you have any A-HA moments, questions, comments or feedback about this episode, send us an email at [email protected] or [email protected] or message us on our Facebook and Instagram accounts @themerrymakersisters.
Emma + Carla