New Year is a great time to create a goal, actually, any time of the year is!
However, the diet culture New Year messages suck.
And no doubt, you’ve already been bombarded with endless New Year diet messages. Messages about bikini body challenges, 12-week quick fixes or transformation challenges.
This year, is it time to say No more New Year diets? Because crash diets are designed for weight loss, they’re not designed for health! Do we need to say it louder?
This is what we spoke about during the episode
- What if we did put on weight over the holidays? Does it matter? Do we need to feel crap about it? Or just accept it?
- Our bodies can fluctuate weights. And so?
- Practising self-acceptance is like a muscle, the more you do it, the easier it becomes.
- “We can’t hate ourselves into a version of ourselves we can love.” — Lori Deschene. Real change comes from acceptance.
- Your weight doesn’t define your health. We’ll remind you again and again!
- There are other ways to maintain a happy, healthy life, and healthy mind.
- Check out who you’re surrounding yourself with.
Join our annual
21 Day New Year, New You 21 Day “I’m Already Amazing” Challenge. It’s 21 days of online Yoga, Pilates and Meditation classes with self-acceptance.
We are so excited about this challenge as it really is the ultimate way to welcome the New Year. Grab your spot for only $59.
Download our FREE Self Care Checklist and you’ll find 50 brand new ideas to practice self-care.
Check out all the Get Merry Podcast episodes on iTunes and Overcast and Stitcher for Androids. Plus we are on Spotify over HERE! If you loved this episode, if you love this podcast, we would appreciate you leaving us a review on whatever podcast app you’re listening to.
Emma + Carla