A new month brings a new theme inside MerryBody, this month it’s Self-Worth. Low self-worth has been something we’ve both grappled with, in the episode we delve into this very important topic. We’ll discuss various behaviours and emotions that could signal a struggle with self-worth. We also share practical ideas to help boost your self-worth!
This is what we spoke about during the episode
- What is self-worth? And what isn’t self-worth?
- A sign of low self-worth is constant self-criticism, you know that harsh inner critic where everything you do is wrong.
- Other signs are the continuous belittling of yourself, dismissal of any achievement and heightened focus on your mistakes.
- Perfectionism is another habit of low self-worth.
- Not being able to accept compliments and downplaying the situation show low self-worth.
- Fear of judgment and rejection is another behaviour of low self-worth.
- The first step to building your self-worth is to realise that you have low self-worth and that you want to make a change.
- Practising self-compassion is a way to build your self-worth. It’s self-acceptance, acknowledging your feelings, and recognising yourself as a human who has strengths and weaknesses.
- Pay attention to how you talk to yourself, because your thoughts are powerful and they shift how you feel.
- Set a little goal for yourself. Accomplish something!
- Practise self-care.
The energy that you put towards working on your self-worth has the potential to shift everything.
Download our FREE Self Care Checklist and you’ll find 50 brand new ideas to practice self-care.
Check out all the Get Merry Podcast episodes on iTunes and Overcast and Stitcher for Androids. Plus we are on Spotify over HERE! If you loved this episode, if you love this podcast, we would appreciate you leaving us a review on whatever podcast app you’re listening to.
Emma + Carla