Stemming off from last week’s episode, 390: Fad diets sabotage real health progress, we talked about self-acceptance, self-compassion, self-respect, self-care and self-love. We spoke about how these practices create genuine health.
We continue the discussion in this week’s episode.
We’re also excited to invite you to our free online event happening on the 26th of October, where we share with you how to stop the yo-yo on and off-again diet and exercise regime. It’s about making healthy living easier than ever.
This is what we spoke about during the episode
- Thoughts Are Things, a poem by Ella Wheeler, makes you realise how important our thoughts are. Your thoughts affect how you feel, and how you feel affects your actions.
- Skip the ritual of waking up, looking at your body, judging and hating your body. When you wake up, instead of saying the list of mean things about yourself, maybe swap it for just one good thing.
- Our MerryBody mantra, “You’re amazing just as you are”, is a combination of self-acceptance and self-celebration.
- Self-compassion is being kind and “forgiveful” of yourself.
- Yoga, Pilates and meditation practices work because they’re present practices. When you connect to the present, where you are here and now, you are more mindful of your thoughts and how you feel.
- If you need something more than a post-it of affirmations, try our MerryBody class, Mood Lifter Fusion!
- Exercise is so much more than just a weight loss tool. How about we unlink it from our self-hate practices and relink it to our self-accepting practices?
- Link exercise to your self-care, self-respect and self-celebration!
Check out all the Get Merry Podcast episodes on iTunes and Overcast and Stitcher for Androids. Plus we are on Spotify over HERE! If you loved this episode, if you love this podcast, we would appreciate you leaving us a review on whatever podcast app you’re listening to.
Emma + Carla