We’ve been receiving quite a few requests for a podcast episode on our 10 year online business journey. So, this episode is a bit of a walk down memory lane as we share some stories, lessons, mistakes and key moments in our business journey. It turned into a 3 part series!
The waitlist for the MerryBody Teacher Training Program is now open. Our second cohort will start in March 2024. if you have an inkling that this is maybe for you, we encourage you to join the waitlist so you are first to know about when our early bird opens.
This is what we spoke about during the episode
- We were unhappy in our government jobs and wanted a change. “There’s gotta be more to life!”
- In between all of this, we were forever on a diet. We soon discovered the paleo ‘lifestyle’ (still a diet) and started sharing photos of our dinner on Instagram.
- We began blogging. We realised this was our bliss!
- Don’t be afraid to not know what you’re doing. You need to learn, and the best way to learn, is to do.
- We created our first recipe e-book and got 300 sales from just one e-mail. Key lesson: don’t just promote something once. Keep on promoting for a successful launch.
- We made a decision to quit our jobs.
- We were totally naive. Perhaps, this was a superpower!
- It’s very important to have the supportive people around you.
- Our first online challenge was successful, and we replicated the challenge concept multiple times and focused on content marketing.
- We started our podcast in 2015.
- We said no to the accelerator program and yes to diving into the online business world ourselves.
Stay tuned for part 2 and part 3. They will be published over the next 2 weeks!
Check out all the Get Merry Podcast episodes on iTunes and Overcast and Stitcher for Androids. Plus we are on Spotify over HERE! If you loved this episode, if you love this podcast, we would appreciate you leaving us a review on whatever podcast app you’re listening to.
Emma + Carla