In episode 4 on #MerryBiz we chat with one of our biggest inspirations (when she said yes to the interview we actually squealed and jumped up and down #truestory).
She is the CEO and creative director of The Messenger group as well as founder and editor-in chief of The Collective magazine.
She’s authored and co-authored over a dozen books and The Messenger Group has custom published more than 400 books for companies and individuals.
She currently runs a multi-platform business with over 25 staff, delivers a monthly magazine and support products all while maintaining life balance!
If you haven’t guessed already… welcome to #MerryBiz… Lisa Messenger!
Take a listen!
PLUS learn to Set and Smash Your Goals with our FREE Goal Setting Guide!
#MERRYBIZ SHOW NOTES
Some questions we ask…
- Take us back 14 years to when your business journey began…
- Why did you decide to start The Collective magazine?
- How did you secure the funding to start the magazine without getting investors on board?
- How and why do you rely so much on your intuition to make business decisions?
- How has social media and your online presence impacted the success of The Collective magazine?
- Share your work/life balance strategy… how do you manage to get SO much done?
“I wanted to form a media where we could get into the grit and real stuff… the pain, the hustle and what it takes to be successful.”
Some moments of AHA! in this episode…
- Why vision and passion trumps… EVERYTHING.
- Learn why an engaged, positive community is your best marketing tool.
- Understand how naivety or lack of knowledge can be your biggest strength.
- The importance of creating a solid brand before shaking shiz up.
“100 per cent of the time, if I go with my gut… it’s right.”
Links to the extra stuff we talked about…
Lisa’s books and more! (Money and Mindfulness, Daring and Disruptive and plenty more!)
Follow @collectivehub on Instagram
“Making money and doing good in the world don’t need to be mutually exclusive. In fact they can go hand in hand.”
You’ll probably love…
What was your biggest AHA!?
We wanna hear all about it! Share your moments of AHA! or the action your gonna take after listening to this #MerryBiz episode! (paragraph)
“Anything is possible.”