These banana caramel muffins are super easy to whip up. The only equipment you need is a large bowl, wooden spoon and a muffin tray with cases. Boom. Also, hello banana caramel, yes this is a winning flavour. If this flavour combo does not take your fancy, check out these almond and blueberry muffins or these pear and berry muffins. Mmm, so yum.
It’s winter here and this seriously means baking weather. Even up here on the Gold Coast it’s a little fresh, we don’t need heaters (wow we are lucky) so turning on the oven is very nice in winter. But also, fresh banana caramel muffins is the major win here (haha).
When you make gluten free muffins with almond meal they don’t really rise, they’re also fairly dense. So don’t be expected a fluffy muffin but be prepared for a delicious muffin!
This recipe is perfect for snacks or for breakfast, serve with peanut butter and some fresh banana or strawberries to uplevel your breakfast muffin. But if you’re in a rush or just plain old hungry, they are perfect alone (with coffee, duh).
If you do make these delicious and easy Banana Caramel Muffins we’d love to see a pic. Share a story on Instagram, yum!
Emma + Carla
Ps. Check out MerryBody Online Studio. We’re always adding inspiring new classes and informative content. The most recent masterclass was with Dr Rach, we chart all things hormones and menopause. Plus, we’ve just added a heap of new 10 minute classes for when you are short on time. Learn more HERE and sign up for your free 7 day trial.
Banana Caramel Muffins
STUFF YOU NEED
- 2 1/2 cups blanched almond meal
- 1 cup walnuts chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar and a little extra
- 1/2 cup coconut milk canned
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz.) butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 banana mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and line 12 muffin cups with muffin cases.
- In a large bowl add the almond meal, walnuts, coconut sugar, baking powder and salt, mix well with a spoon.
- Add the coconut milk, butter, eggs, banana and vanilla, mix until well combined.
- Evenly divide the mixture between all 12 muffin cases.
- Sprinkle with a little extra coconut sugar.
- Place into the oven for 25 minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool. Enjoy!