We want to share our personal transformations with you. We also spoke about our experience on the Get Merry podcast over here.
The before (left) is from about 3 years ago and after is now. We had begun our Yoga and Pilates journey, however, we didn’t have a consistent practice and our diets were not as healthy as they are now.
Yes, we’ve lost weight, toned, leaned. But the real magic from a consistent Yoga and Pilates practice are all the other things that come with it…
- We move our bodies because we now respect them and actually want to care for ourselves and show love to ourselves.
- We feel a sense of ease. Less stiffness, tightness (haha maybe not the day after a super intense Pilates class).
- Our posture is better! So much better!
- We breathe deeper, we are calmer.
- When we look in the mirror we actually LOVE what we see… this is a complete 180 from how we used to feel. We used to look in the mirror and the first thing we’d both think or even say is “I’m so fat.”
- We are confident to wear singlets now. This is like freedom!
- We don’t cover up in baggy jumpers. This isn’t just because we lost weight, it’s because we feel more connected to ourselves, more confident to be just who we are!
- We both lost weight, about 8kg each. AND KEPT IT OFF! And we never ever weigh oursleves.
All this change happened within 3 years. All this change happened because we started Yoga and Pilates. We fell in love with this way of movement, it’s fun! It’s dynamic! It’s safe! And it just feels damn good.
We know most women wish to welcome in some kind of transformation. In fact, when we surveyed 700 Aussie women, 99% said they want to change something about their bodies. Yes, this made us sad but it also made us realise how much we needed to share what we had found!
We found a way to create transformation not just in the body but in the mind and the heart too (this is the real magic we were talking about).
Maybe you’re one of the 99% who want to change something about your body? And hey, change is ok, change is the only constant we have in our lives.
But rather than creating the change through punishment… let’s do it through love. Let’s do it in a FUN way. Let’s actually enJOY the process and the journey.
The sooner you start, the quicker it will happen. We’ve all had those moments where we’ve said: “I wish I’d started XX months/weeks/years ago.” Maybe NOW is the time. This is your moment.
Emma + Carla
If you’re interested in trying out Yoga and Pilates signup for our FREE MerryBody Fusion class. This 25 minute class is a combination of both Yoga and Pilates.
Pilates movements create strength and confidence. The Yoga movements will bring more flexibility to your body, allow you to breathe deeper and welcome mindfulness. The class will be available for a limited time don’t miss out! SIGN UP HERE.
P.s Check out the posture transformation! We’re so grateful for Yoga and Pilates and we’re so excited to share everything we know with you!