This creamy chicken avocado zughetti recipe is all kinds of epic. Yay for this easy dinner recipe! Yay for healthy dinner recipes!
This recipe features in our #GetMerry Challenge meal plan. If you’re looking for recipes that are easy, healthy and yum this is the challenge for you. The challenge includes a 21-day meal plan filled with 21 easy breakfast recipes and 21 easy dinner recipes PLUS 3 epic Sunday sweet treats. All healthy, all yum as!
But it’s not just a meal plan. There’s more to good health than good food.
Good health is about mindset, relationships, fitness/exercise, digestion, gut health, sleep and MORE. It can be mega confusing and kinda overwhelming.
This is why the #GetMerry challenge also includes the most epic online health summit. We’re bringing 16 live interviews with some of the best health, wellbeing and happiness experts. The new knowledge and inspiration from these people will help you maintain a healthy lifestyle, not just for 3 weeks… for life.
You’ll also get lifetime access to these sessions so you can go back, remind yourself and get re-inspired.
We actually published a session from our last challenge HERE, we chat to Jules Galloway about all things adrenal fatigue. Check it out and you’ll know what we mean about knowledge and inspo!
OK, back to the magic of this creamy chicken avocado zughetti. We love this recipe so much because it’s full of good fats, greens and protein. Also bacon. Because… bacon.
It’s a winner of a recipe, we know the whole family will love it! If you give it a try let us know!
Emma + Carla
P.s If it’s time to #GetMerry grab your spot HERE.
- 500 g (1 lb.) chicken breast or thigh cubed
- 200 g (7 oz.) mushrooms sliced
- 100 g (3.5 oz.) cherry tomatoes halved
- 100 g (3.5 oz.) baby spinach leaves
- 4 zucchinis spiralised or peeled lengthways
- 2 rashers (slices) bacon diced
- 1 avocado
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 onion diced
- 2 tbs. macadamia nuts or grated cheese
- coconut oil
- salt and pepper
- Prepare the zughetti, peel zucchinis lengthways or use a spiraliser. Leave for now.
- In a blender or food processor, add the avocado, garlic, lemon juice, spinach and season with salt and pepper, whiz until nice and smooth. Set aside.
- In a large frypan, heat a little coconut oil and fry the onion and bacon for about 2 minutes or until soft, add the chicken and fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and mushrooms to the pan and continue to stir.
- Stir through the avocado sauce.
- Finally add the zucchinis and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- AHHH! Yum! Grate macadamia nuts on top or add a sprinkle of cheese.
- Add your favourite fresh herb for extra taste sensation. We like coriander and dill!