Wow, pancakes really are the best thing. They turn any breakfast into an exciting one. And this recipe for healthy choc chip pancakes with berry jam will certainly get everyone excited!
We must admit we used to be extremely obsessed with healthy pancakes, we’d make them for breakfast, lunch and dinner! For a while back in the day… we’d have pancakes for dinner once a week. It became a bit of a Sister tradition (ohhh happy memories!).
It was when we were living at home still. Mum was probably making pasta or stir fry and we were STRICTLY Paleo… so of course, Paleo Pancakes became a fast staple in our diet (haha… and this is one of the many reasons why we’ve given up diets and labels!).
If you do make these choc chip pancakes let us know. Send us a pic on Instagram, we’d love to see them!
Emma + Carla
Ps. try a week of FREE MerryBody Yoga and Pilates! CLICK HERE to access.
Choc Chip Pancakes with Berry Jam
STUFF YOU NEED
FOR THE PANCAKES
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut milk (canned)
- 1⁄4 cup coconut flour
- 1⁄4 cup nut butter
- 100 g sugar free dark choc chips (or dark chocolate finely chopped)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- coconut oil
FOR THE JAM
- 2 cups mixed berries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 tbs. lemon juice or water
FOR THE TOPPING
- Extra melted chocolate
- To make the jam, in a saucepan over low heat, combine the berries, chia seeds and lemon juice.
- Keep stirring until the berries become soft, about 5-8 minutes. Take the jam off the heat and mash the berries with a fork.
- Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool in the fridge while you make the pancakes.
- To make the pancakes, place all of the ingredients (except the chocolate and coconut oil) into a food processor/blender. Whiz until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl, add the chocolate and stir.
- Melt a little coconut oil in a large frypan over medium heat. Be sure to allow the pan to heat up properly before you start pancake making!
- Once the pan is ready, place 1⁄4 cups of batter into the frypan.
- Cook until small air bubbles form on top, this will take around 3-4 minutes.
- Flip carefully with a spatula and press slightly so the batter cooks evenly.
- Cook for a further 1-2 minutes. Once cooked place on a plate, cover with foil.
- Continue to cook pancakes until all the batter is used. It will make about 8 pancakes in total.
- Serve pancakes with a dollop of jam and melted choccy!