Soup is like a warm hug for your belly.
We love all soup (except minestrone soup because pasta-shmasta… and there’s probably others we don’t like but we can’t think of those right now… ).
BUT our all time FAVOURITE soup in the whole wide world is Merrymaker Mum’s Gluten Free Dairy Free Pumpkin Soup. This soup! Right here!
Easy, healthy recipes are the best kind of recipes. We don’t know about you guys but slaving around the stove for hours on end does not float our boat. We want to be in and out of the kitchen with tasty results! Unless this waffle cake is on the menu!
The only rule for soup enjoyment is that it MUST, absolutely, 100% be served with crusty, crunchy bread.
Our paleo pumpkin loaf is delish but doesn’t cut it for crunch factor.
Do not stress merrymakers because there are alternatives! Serve it with our brand new sprouted bread… which is crunchy, delish and seriously helps your digestion out… OR our crunchy seed bread rolls… equally delish and in fact… equally aids with digestion.
Do you want a roll? Or a slice of bread with your soup? Choose your own adventure!
Sending you warming vibes along with this Gluten Free Dairy Free Pumpkin Soup Recipe that we know you’re going to looooooooove!
Emma + Carla
- 1.5 kg (3 lbs. 3 oz.) pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- 1 carrot peeled and chopped
- 1 sweet potato peeled and cubed
- 1 celery stick chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tbs. coconut oil
- 2 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- In a large deep saucepan melt the coconut oil on medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, turmeric, nutmeg and cook until soft.
- Add all of the vegetables and cover with water, 2 cm (1 inch) above the vegetables.
- Allow to boil, then turn down the heat to low, cover and simmer for an hour or until all veggies are soft.
- Transfer all of the saucepan contents in to a blender or food processor and whiz until smooth (you can also use a stick blender).
- Season with salt and pepper and wa-lah! Easy pease!
- Serve with crunchy delish merrymaker bread (links are above!).